Virtual murder mysteries
As you may know, I’ve recently been employed as a Zoom co-host for an event organiser friend, James Coakes, who runs virtual murder mysteries. Here are the highlights of our recent conversation about online engagement:
- Impact of the pandemic on the events industry
- Running virtual murder mysteries
- The power of fun, laughter and silliness to make people relax
- Connection, interaction and escape
- Interactive shows v Zoom meetings and Zoom fatigue
- Comparing offline and online delivery styles and stagecraft
- Driving energy online (and ensuring nobody drains it)
- Why to treat your presentations as a ‘show’
- Predicting hybrid events
Watch the video:
For more information, see Organise.co.uk.
P.S. I wasn’t sure whether I dared share this, but the image below shows me playing the role of the dim-witted 1920s’ housemaid, Sally Scrubbs, at one of James’ murder mystery events.