Using imagery and metaphors
I spoke to Angela Dellar about using imagery, metaphors and storytelling in your presentations, to help leaders and teams to ‘pull together’.
Among other things, we discussed:
- How to get senior people involved in childlike/playful activities
- Making it safe and fun for peopler to engage, by meeting their psychological needs
- Gentle ways of getting different types of people to participate
- Group dynamics: Inclusion, control, open-ness
- How the ‘snowball fight’ (page 30) helps avoid ‘creeping death’ round-the-table introductions
We also name-checked David Gouthro, Lee Warren, Simon Raybould and Stuart Harris.
Watch the video here